White chocolate & ricotta cheesecake
Recipe taken from the amazing folks at BBC Good Food.
For the base
- 50g butter, melted
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 50g amaretti biscuits
- sunflower oil, for greasing
For the filling
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 5 leaves gelatine
- 6 tbsp milk
- 500g tub ricotta
- 300ml pot double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- white chocolate curls
- pomegranate seeds
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt the butter in a pan or microwave. Very finely crush the biscuits together, stir with the butter, then press very firmly into the base of a 20cm round loosebottomed cake tin. Bake for 6 mins. Cool, then wipe around the inside of the tin with a little oil on kitchen paper.
- Soak the gelatine in water while you make the filling. Tip the chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water, then add the milk. Gently heat until melted, then stir together. Squeeze the gelatine dry, add to the chocolate mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Beat the ricotta, cream, sugar and egg yolks together. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites.
- Stir the chocolate and ricotta mixtures together, then gently fold in the egg whites. Carefully pour onto the cooled biscuit base. Cover the tin with cling film, then chill until firm, preferably overnight.
- To decorate, very generously top the cheesecake with the white chocolate curls, then remove from the tin, scatter with the pomegranate seeds and dust all over with icing sugar, if you like.
Recipe found on how sweet it is. serves 4 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 3
Recipe by Tiffany Goodall. Found on redonline.co.uk. Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes You will need1 tbsp flour 375g ready
Recipe by Yotam Ottolenghi published in The Guardian. The combination of walnut and pomegranate seeds and/or
Recipe found on Delia Online Ingredients 2 x 100 g soft-rind goats' cheeses, such as Welsh
Recipe and photo found on Visit Scotland Ingredients 125g beremeal flour 125g plain flour 2 eggs 250ml milk Pinch of salt 100g of salt for curing Twist of pepper A
Recipe and photo via Cara’s Cravings 8oz grape tomatoes 1 lb asparagus 1 tablespoon olive oil juice from