Due to Covid-19 your order may take 2 or 3 extra days to get to you. Please keep that in mind when placing your order - thank you!
Recipe originally on Female First.
This mouth-watering recipe is perfect for any vegetarians you have dining with you this Christmas, it’s light yet delicious and can be used again and again after Christmas is over.
To make the strudel pastry from scratch:
250g strong white flour
125ml Luke warm water
Approx 100g butter, melted
*Alternatively, buy one packet of readymade filo pastry
For the Mushroom Filling:
2oz of butter
1 clove chopped garlic
300g mixed mushrooms roughly chopped
250g ricotta cheese
50g chopped mixed dried fruit and nuts
To make the strudel pastry:
• Sift the flour into a bowl and add the water, butter and oil.
• Knead the pastry enough make a dough.
• Brush the dough mixture with oil and leave to rest for 30mins.
For the filling:
• Add 2 oz of butter and 1 tsp of olive oil to a pan with the chopped garlic
• Add the roughly chopped Mushrooms to the pan and cook until browned
• Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and pour the mushrooms onto a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
• Using the juices, cook out the spinach very quickly, before sieving to remove any excess liquid.
• Chop the Spinach and add it to the mushrooms
• Using a fork, mix in the ricotta and Parmesan and Dried fruits and nuts, and season with black pepper, sea salt and pinch of nutmeg.
To prepare the pastry coating:
• On a baking flat, individually brush each sheet of the filo with butter and sprinkle over breadcrumbs
• Layer each of the three sheets on top of each other
• Fill the pastry by spreading the mushroom mix over the pastry fold, in the ends, and roll up the pastry.
• Brush the strudel with butter
• Bake it in the oven for 15mins, at 200C
• Brush with butter twice during cooking.
Recipe found on British Leeks. Serves 4 Ready in 20 minutes 1 tbsp olive oil 80g/3oz chorizo sausage,...
Recipe found on how sweet it is. serves 4 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 3...
Recipe discovered on Cook & Be Merry Makes 12 Appetizers ¼ pound chorizo sausage 12 Medjool dates 6...
Recipe taken from the amazing folks at BBC Good Food. For the base 50g butter, melted 150g...
Recipe from Dairy Goodness. Ingredients 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened grated coconut 6 ...
Recipe found on Anastasia. Ingredients 300 grams cherry tomatoes cut in halves 250 grams mozzarella cheese 1 teaspoon...
By Angie Mcgowen at Eclectic Recipes. Ingredients: 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust...
Recipe taken by Christine Pittman on Cook The Story. Ingredients 4 strips precooked bacon, chopped ½ cup...
Simple, quick and delicious. From Scotland this original Cream Crowdie recipe (often called ‘Cranachan’...
Recipe by Tiffany Goodall. Found on redonline.co.uk. Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes You will need1 tbsp flour 375g ready...