Ricotta, Mango and Coconut Christmas Log
Recipe from Dairy Goodness.
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened grated coconut
6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 cup (250 mL) + 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) pastry flour
3 cups (750 mL) fresh or frozen mangoes, diced
1 cup (250 mL) Ricotta
1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
• Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
• Spread grated coconut out on a baking sheet and toast 4–5 minutes. Let cool.
• In a bowl, use an electric beater to whip egg whites until they hold firm peaks. Reserve.
• In a large bowl, beat egg yolks along with ½ cup (125 ml) sugar and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla for about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.
• Add flour by sifting it over the bowl.
• Incorporate beaten egg whites, gently folding dough with a spatula.
• Spread dough out on a 12˝ x 18˝ (30 cm x 45 cm) cookie sheet previously greased and covered with parchment paper. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
• Remove from oven and flip onto a clean, moist cloth. Remove parchment paper and roll cake onto itself. Let cool.
• In a saucepan, mix ½ cup (125 ml) sugar and the mangoes and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add a bit of water if the mangoes are not ripe enough. Let cool.
• Reduce to a purée using a food processor or a blender, then add Ricotta and process until a smooth consistency is achieved.
• Whip cream along with 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar and the remaining vanilla, then reserve in refrigerator.
• Unroll the cooled cake and spread the Ricotta mixture over the inside surface. Roll the cake up again.
• Garnish the outside of the log with the whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Recipe found on how sweet it is. serves 4 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 3
Recipe by Tiffany Goodall. Found on redonline.co.uk. Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes You will need1 tbsp flour 375g ready
Recipe by Yotam Ottolenghi published in The Guardian. The combination of walnut and pomegranate seeds and/or
Recipe found on Delia Online Ingredients 2 x 100 g soft-rind goats' cheeses, such as Welsh
Recipe and photo found on Visit Scotland Ingredients 125g beremeal flour 125g plain flour 2 eggs 250ml milk Pinch of salt 100g of salt for curing Twist of pepper A
Recipe and photo via Cara’s Cravings 8oz grape tomatoes 1 lb asparagus 1 tablespoon olive oil juice from